“Snippets” from the history of Flederborn
Flederborn was founded in 1579 by 12 farmers, to the south-west of the village Wallachsee. The village’s name presumably goes back to a well (old German: “Born”) that was surrounded by bushes of lilac (“Flieder”). The chief founder of the village, Jakob Mileke (whose descendants seem to have lived there until 1945), became its first mayor. In 1592, the village counted 12 farmers, 6 cottagers, the mayor, a miller, a wheelwright, and a cobbler.
The fourth pastor of Flederborn (from 1651 to 1664) was Johann Sulzius. During his time, a Polish army invaded the country and also Flederborn (1657).
The eighth pastor (from 1734 to 1755) was Johann Michael Bagenius, who had to abandon his former position in Wronke (Posen) due to his opposition to the catholic church.
Bagenius was succeeded by Daniel Friedrich Falk (from 1755 to 1765). Falk died of tuberculosis after fleeing the Russian army during the Seven Year War.
In 1769, thirty cloth makers were working in Flederborn, which therefore gained the status of a hamlet (“Flecken”).
On 12th October 1826, 32 farms, the church, and the school burnt down in a fire.
(excerpts translated from: Heinrich Rogge/Franz Stelter: Der Kreis Neustettin: ein pommersches Heimatbuch, Würzburg 1972)
In 1939, 561 people lived in Flederborn.
On Sundays and holidays, a popular place for excursions used to be the Gasthaus Küddowbrück, south of Flederborn, on the road from Jastrow to Flatow. It still existed in 1981 (does anyone have more information?).